Sewing

Daisy, finally.

March 28, 2014
After a winter of true and fairly sad hibernation, we are finally re-emerging. I have more energy, more inspiration, and definitely more motivation to make. It’s been at least a month and while it nags at me when I don’t sew, it was a bit of a relief to not feel any pressure. I don’t know why I put the pressure on myself to sew, but I do.  In any case, I’ve been wanting to test out this Daisy pattern by Citronille, and finally got around to it.  It looked straightforward from the zero french I know and it was.  Turns out even if your husband is a French professor, french sewing terminology is not easily translatable. I did fine with the pictures, although it wouldn’t hurt to throw some of the paragraphs into google translate.

I really like the way the bodice looks and fall a little over the shoulder to look like a cap sleeve. The fact that it’s just one piece makes it a breeze to sew.  Overall I’m really pleased with how it turned out.  The fabric is one of the many 1-2 yard pieces of block printed cotton that my cousin and mom brought back for me from India.  It’s almost gauze-y so it falls nicely. The bodice is lined because the fabric was a tad too see through to not be, but the rest is a single layer.

My model is pretty much an anti-model. She can’t keep a straight face for the life of her.  Oh well.

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply